Study for Root and Homophone Quiz
Finish descriptive essay (this will be for a grade).
1. Pick an object in the classroom (a non-living object).
2. Tell a descriptive story involving this item.
3. The story doesn't have to be ABOUT this item, but must INCLUDE this item, and have a strong description of your item.
4. Your story may be fictional or true.
5. Focus on being descriptive. Instead of "it was a bright, sunny day" write "the sun beat down on my bright red face as beads of sweat started to form on every inch of me"
6. REMEMBER- appeal to the reader's five senses (sight, sound, touch, taste, smell)
Root Squares-Due Thursday (Quiz on Friday)
Study for Homophones Quiz on Friday
Root Squares (due Thursday)
Finish Common Homophones packet if not finished in class today. We will quiz on these late next week. Have a great weekend :)