Today in class students reviewed the differences between types of motion graphs plus how to calculate speed and acceleration. Test tomorrow.
Answers to HW: left hand side of the page is straight out of your motion packet, right hand side:
1. Erin's constant speed is 800 m in 4 minutes = 200 m/min.
2. Erin's average speed is 1600 m in 10 minutes = 160 m/min.
3. Erin's average velocity is 160 m/min. east
4. Erin was 800 meters from her house when she stopped to talk.
5. The slope of the line after Erin stopped is 0 m/min.
6. The slope is a way to see the measure of the speed.
7. An object is in motion when its distance from a reference point is changing.
8. Speed in a given direction is velocity.
9. Speed can be calculated if you know the distance an object travels in one unit of time.